Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Waiting in a grassy field

Εφχαριστό, Efkharistó, and Thanks for reading.
Where we left off, I was at the hotel trying to stay awake. Fail. I ended up reduced to tears when I was awakened. It was worth it, though, for our first historical site to visit was the Areopagus, also known of as Mars' hill. It was the place for judgment of capital offenses, as well as the head of the ancient Greek Pentagon.

That was two days ago. Yesterday, after the complementary breakfast's hard-boiled egg was crushed to pieces by my best and worst little bro, we visited the most famous sites in Athens: first the Agora, the ancient market/Vatican, and later the most famous Acropolis, which had the Erechtheion and the Parthenon. Yea, the Parthenon. Here's a picture:

p class="mobile-photo">


Some history: that building was used for basically one year, for it was just one year after it's completion when Sparta conquered Athens. For those that didn't know, Greece has been one country only in modern times. Back then, each city was it's own country.

When we returned from the Acropolis, we went shopping for souvenirs and I got Greek Mythology playing cards. I don't play cards that often, but I make it a tradition to bye hem whenever I travel.

Today, we're supposed to be going to the Playmobil Fun Park for Caleb. Annoyingly, they actually have two in the USA, but both are in Florida. C'mon!

And the night before his special day, Caleb didn't sleep that much. Being tired, he didn't eat this morning. And he got motion sickness on the metro. So I'm writing this in a grassy field as Caleb and Dad look for food.

Hopefully Caleb gets better!

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog! I hope Caleb had a good time at Playmobil land. It sounds like you're having a great time.
    Love Ya!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete